Thursday, December 1, 2011

My new artwork at Patron Simply perfect Patron show...day 1-7

Beginning, November 15 and continuing through December 31, 2011, the Patrón “Simply Perfect” Art Project will showcase live, working art studios at 50 East Chicago that offer emerging artists the opportunity to create one-of-a-kind works of art for auction in support of four local organizations across the country, including CAC in Chicago. To see the artist schedule, bid on the produced artwork or learn more about CACs participating artists: Richard Shipps (Nov 15-21), Jolanta Izabela Pawlak (Nov 22-28), Cydney M. Lewis(Nov 29-Dec 5), Shawn Stucky (Dec 20-26) and Stephen Flemister (Dec 27-31), please click HERE. To stay up to date on the project, visit our facebook page.

Day II...silk screens are ready ...they look like paintings.

                                             Day III... first layer of paint on the fabric.

Day IV I am working so much better after dark
This is my photography which I transferred into the fabrics using silk screen technique.
But they will not look like that without hand touch ...long hours touch...that was where all the fun begin.
Day V
This is photo of my sculpture in iron
which I transformed into the silk screen image and printed on the fabric.
Day VI
All of this images coming from my photos ...which I transform into the silk screens.
I silk print images over each other to get the effect I was looking for ....and spent hours with a brush blending them together.

Day VII last day
I need to find a studio
where part of the work I will be doing in the window.
I did not realize how many people are interested in process of creating
and surprising I was able to get into my "working zone"
I thought it will be harder with people looking through the window.